It’s Called: “Being Responsible”
Creech Import Repair is a local company based in Raleigh, N.C. and as such, we are committed to maintaining the beauty of our area. We have made a concerted effort to minimize our environmental ‘footprint’ in a variety of ways. We believe that part of being part of this great community is a responsibility to take care of this community through responsible and environmentally friendly business practices. As such, we have made it a point to become a ‘green’ auto repair shop in as many ways as possible. We always encourage other repair shops and industry-related businesses to follow our go-green practices and minimize the entire automotive repair industry’s impact on our planet. In addition to these practices, we are constantly striving to improve current practices and come up with new and innovative ideas to help protect the environment and minimize waste.
In as many ways as possible, we strive to minimize our impact on the environment. We purchase products in ways designed to minimize packaging wastes and recycled paper products. Waste oil is picked up and recycled by Noble oil services into a form of fuel that is used as an energy source to power generators and other machines. This product, made in part by recycling used oil from our facility, is then sold to large corporations such as Progress Energy, Weyerhaeuser, and Georgia Pacific. Noble oil service also recycles our antifreeze wastes.
Many of our wastes are recycled. Here are some of the ways recycling is utilized at Creech Import Repairs:
- Metal wastes are gathered and sent to a local metal recycling facility, to reduce the need for future metal excavations and recycled locally to reduce the carbon emissions involved with transport.
- Cardboard is separated, saved, and picked up by Waste Industries to minimize the need for more woodland products.
- Freon is captured during air conditioning repairs and services and recycled to prevent it from escaping into our atmosphere.
- Oil filters are drained and stored safely in a steel container, until they can be picked up for recycling. At this time, Noble oil services ships our used filters to a company that makes manhole covers out of the used filters.
- Floor wastewater is sent to an on-site underground oil, solid, and water separation tank and undergoes a three-stage process to remove all oil and solid materials before water is sent to municipal storm drains.
- Tires, batteries and lead wheel weights are picked up and sent for recycling at off-sites recyclers.
- Paper products are separated and sent to local county pick up site.
- While we don’t use much glass here, we do from time to time replace a window glass or mirror. We take that to a local windshield glass shop to recycle with their glass. Automotive glass is different from typical glass bottles because it it’s laminated and the recycle process is a little more involved.
- Floor cleaning wastewater goes thru an on site underground oil, solid, and water separation tank. This tank is 3 staged and safely removes all oil and solid materials leaving clear water that is sent to municipal storm drains.
- For our office we purchase recycled paper and printer cartridges are saved for recycling.